Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Why I am irritated.

Because the future looms large, and I don't have a plan.
Because all good things come to an end.
Because I'm turning older but more confused.
Because I don't know whether I will ever marry. Or love.
Because people don't reply to my text messages.
Because the world is unfair.
Because my laptop is slow.
Because I want a new one.
Because I want a smart phone.
Because I want a job and lots of money and every selfish desire in the world.
Because it is hard being a woman in India.
Because it is hard being a woman period.
Because sometimes I feel burdened.
Because more times I realise I have nothing to complain about.
Because life is complex. As are relationships.
Because I want to be in love.
Because there are so many things I want to do. And too little time.
Because sometimes I want to do nothing.
Because I think too much.
Because I don't think at all.
Because I have dreams. And fears about not fulfilling them.
Because I want to be so much.
But sometimes feel like nothing at all.
Because irritation is the most common twenty-something emotion. Or so it appears. 

0 scribbles scribbled back to me: