Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Busy-ness, happyness, peace.

The past two days have been super busy. Actually, the past two MONTHS have been super busy. Or maybe I can round it up and say the past two YEARS have been super busy. And although it is kind of crazy, busy-ness is my most favorite state of being. It makes me feel alive. So even though I have a lot of things to do, I couldn't resist taking a few minutes to write about the past two days:

There were 2 public screenings of a short film I helped make on the theme of 'Walkable Cities'. It was one of three films, and was received reasonably well, which made me happy. To be honest, I'm not very good at making films,; I would much rather be in front of the camera than behind it, (which is surprising because I thought I was a very self-conscious, shy person but I guess  I'm not really). But nonetheless, making the film was rewarding and I guess it's something I want to get better at if I have the chance.

After the screening yesterday, one of my favorite professors who came to the event took us out for ice-cream, and I had a really nice time.The cab ride back to campus was enjoyable, with the cool breeze blowing in through the windows and loud music playing on the stereo and all of us chatting amicably about movies, life, and love.

In the evening, it rained. I went for pizza with two friends, and we sat outdoors stuffing ourselves with delicious food and watching it drizzle. Later, we watched a Hindi rom-com and drank Red Bull. And today morning, we went for brunch at a famous restaurant called Chutneys. As we waited for the place to actually open for the day, we whiled away an hour at a book store, reading astrology predictions for the year ahead. And although a lot of time was spent in doing all these things, I think I deserve it because I've been working so hard and moreover, these are my last few months in Hyderabad and I want to make the most of them.

I have realized (too late, perhaps) that I have far too many blessings in life to have the slightest right to complain. So I'm going to try and live life in the only way that makes sense but is also the hardest- one day at a time - and see where destiny takes me. And no matter where that is, one thing I know for sure is that it will be exactly where I need to be. :)

P.S. There's a reason why I've misspelled the word 'happiness' in the title. Remember, 'The Pursuit of Happyness'?


2 scribbles scribbled back to me:

Lady Whispers said...

This post made me all smile :)
God bless you always :))

laddu said...

way to go gl :)